Tel : 01329 550 122

R&G Architectural Design Services
San Remo, Little Bull Lane,
Southampton, SO32 2LT

Architectural services

Architectural Services Hampshire

We provide architectural services for residential homes in Hampshire serving Portsmouth, Southampton and Winchester areas. After 20 years in the business and over 100 projects in our portfolio, we know a thing or two about residential home alterations and extensions. Most importantly, we believe in listening closely to our clients to ensure we’re building their dream - not ours.

Step 1


Based on your ideas, we’ll sketch out some initial design concepts and then complete a full set of plans that you are happy with, ready for submission for Planning Permission

  • Second storey rear extension
  • Two storey rear extension
  • Rear extension and wet room
  • Single storey extension
  • Loft conversion and extension

Step 2

When do I need planning permission?

Planning Permission is usually required if you want to alter your home in any way. Such as extensions, loft conversion, changing the use of a building (from a house to a shop for example) or dividing part of your house for use as a separate dwelling (two storey dwelling into separate flats.)'

Planning Permission Application

Your plans are submitted to the relevant local Planning Department of the local Council. These are sent electronically on a standard Planning Application form. Different areas require different specific information detailed on the forms.

The Application is then looked at by the Local Planning Department and then Registered. It is then available online to look at.

Then comments on the Application can be lodged online or in person to the relevant Local Council Planning Department, where the public can raise comments to the proposals. Comments are normally welcomed for a four week period.

There are often questions and queries raised about the plans by the relevant Council and that is my job to assist them and answer them for you and make changes. Consulting you every step of the way.

The plans then go before a Final Planning Committee and if they agree they will then give approval.

Step 3

Building Regulation Application

I will draw up detailed plans and supporting information for the proposed works and will send them to the relevant Council together with an application form and the necessary fee. They will then check the details and following any necessary consultations and liaisons with me a Building Regulations Approval will be issued. In most cases the building work will not commence till Building Regulation Approval has been granted.

Our Fees

Based on your needs we produce the drawings, submit to the authorities for approval and liaise with the planners and building control department to obtain approvals. Read more >

  • Drawings & Standard Planning Application from £650

Make an Enquiry

Go to Top